You don’t have time for politics and silos. Poor internal communications cost businesses more than $26,000 per employee per year in lost efficiency.
Create your competitive advantage by reducing defensiveness, increasing adaptability, and fostering resilience. In a world of non-stop change and craziness, this workshop gives you the knowledge, skills, and awareness to feel in control.
According to the Start Up Institute, 92% of people believe that interpersonal skills are just as important as technical skills. But this is not your typical “interpersonal skills” training; this workshop will change your outlook on life and fundamentally shift the way you approach collaboration at work.
Our facilitators are powered by science and intuition, combining decades of research with decades of experience. If you have the courage to roll up your sleeves and join us in our experiential learning laboratory, choose curiosity and insight by grabbing your spot today.
Please contact Laura (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to bring The Human Element into your organization.
A Human Element Evening
Organizations from NASA to Code School have experienced the transformative power of the Human Element workshop.
“The Human Element was an incredible experience for personal growth. It created eye-opening realizations that changed my outlook on life. I highly recommend this course.” – Drew Barontini, Director at Code School
A Human Element Evening is an experiential learning laboratory that provides immediate value to everybody who chooses to participate. We are excited to preview some powerful pieces of the workshop, expand your mind, and help you generate new self-awareness. Choose courage and curiosity and join us for an evening of learning and connection.
This evening’s agenda focuses first on self-awareness and then dives into the impact of this work on organizations – specifically, what is at the heart of true accountability? How close is your organization to the ideal organization? What would be different if everybody at your company got real work done by being real?
Do this for you, do this for your team, or do it because you would have serious FOMO if you don’t.
Beer, wine and light refreshments will be served.
To preview the power of Human Element, register to join us for A Human Element Evening today!
“The next time I create a company I’m going to make it a requirement for every leader to take this workshop. I see it as a large competitive advantage.”
– Gregg Pollack, Founder, Envy Labs, Code School, Starter Studio
“I can’t put a price on the significant personal progress I made! Since the workshop, we communicate better and have strengthened our tools to work through issues that contribute to dysfunction. It was the experience of a lifetime.”
– Sarah Doss, People Operations Lead at Code School
“The Human Element was an incredible experience for personal growth. It created eye-opening realizations that changed my outlook on life. I highly recommend this course.”
– Drew Barontini, Front End Director at Code School
Radical Collaboration is a highly interactive 3-day workshop focused on skills that are essential to building and maintaining climates of trust and collaboration at work. The skills are immediately useful and quickly implemented. Because the training is interactive and the tools are very practical, the program is ideal for a wide range of settings and educational levels. It has worked well for groups ranging from custodians to college presidents to rocket scientists. Participants will develop these five essential skills for overcoming defensiveness and building successful relationships:
- Collaborative Intention: Individuals learn how to stay in the Green Zone, maintain a non-defensive presence, and make a personal commitment to mutual success in their relationships.
- Truthfulness: Individuals commit to both telling the truth and listening to the truth. They create a climate of openness that allows others to feel safe enough to discuss concerns, solve problems and deal directly with difficult issues.
- Self-Accountability: Individuals take responsibility for the circumstances of their lives, the choices they make, either through action or inaction, and the consequences of those choices, both intended and unintended. They would rather find a solution than find someone to blame.
- Self-Awareness and Awareness of Others: Individuals commit to knowing themselves deeply and are willing to explore difficult interpersonal issues. They seek to understand the concerns, intentions, and motivations of others, as well as the culture and context of their circumstances.
- Problem-Solving and Negotiating: Individuals use problem-solving methods that promote a cooperative atmosphere. They avoid fostering subtle or unconscious competition.
The program has produced strong research-based results. One follow-up research study, conducted by Professor Mayte Barba, Director of Business Administration at Monterrey Tech University, Cuernavaca, Mexico, tracked participants from nine countries over a six-year period. In her report, Professor Barba noted the following average gains:
49.5% increase in effectiveness for participants in reducing their own defensiveness in conflict.
44.8% increase in effectiveness at getting their interests met in conflicted situations.
31.5% increase in effectiveness at problem solving.
26.4% increase in effectiveness at building and maintaining long-term climates of trust.
Another study tracked almost 100 organizations specifically identified as having adversarial climates. Based upon very accurate records kept by the State of California, researchers documented an average reduction in the rate of conflict of 67% over a three-year period.
A six-year follow-up study of the Radical Collaboration program found participants nearly 50% more effective at reducing defensiveness, 45% more effective at getting their interests met in conflict and 26% more effective at building and maintaining long-term climates of trust.
Please contact us (email@example.com) if you would like to bring Radical Collaboration into your organization!
Activating Leadership Practice
Activating Leadership Practice is a fast-paced, highly interacting 2-day training to help new leaders effectively transition from the role of individual contributor to the role of a leader.
- Kick off leadership development in your company with a highly interactive, 2-day workshop filled with practical tools, techniques, and applicable knowledge that focus on the personal and professional development of new and developing leaders.
- It concludes with the creation of an ongoing leadership development blueprint for each person, which will be supported by follow-up meetings and content.
This workshop will lay the groundwork for ongoing leadership development. By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Implement positive sources of power and influence to effectively transition from being an individual contributor to becoming a leader
- Apply leader behaviors that meet the needs of the team in accomplishing its goals
- Generate a plan that they can commit to in order to maximize their leadership potential
- Power and influence
- Leadership styles
- Your Company Leadership Model
- Feedback reports
- Listening skills
- Leadership values
- Behavioral flexibility
- Leadership blueprint